View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 08:49 PM   #8

Oh yeah my dude - definitely know about the Tactrix unit - though I would get the real deal for full compatibility for flashing. ECUFlash is another you can use - not sure about support though.. I went with the OFT flash tablet for my tuning - easy, fast. But - I don't have any EFI bikes so I would be kinda shooting from the hip - no .bin's either. I'll see about support for these on RomRaider's site. I used that to edit the MAF scale, but you can do much, much more with it. Graphical map views as well.

The TPS itself is probably the issue though - I would suspect that over the ECU tune first. Or the MAF tossing some weird readings; I hate sensors lol In any case - you can reset the ECU though. Just pull the negative off the battery, put the key in and ignition on, leave it for a few hours or so; when I reset after a flash I would leave it disconnected for about 8 hours.. Hook it back up and it'll start fresh with all the trims at 0. Just before you start it, keep the ignition on for about 30sec for everything to calibrate and zero, fuel pump pumping and all. Then start, idle for 5min, turn off, start it back up and take it for 100mi light riding - doesn't have to be constant. But, that will reset every value in your ECU and get you back to how it was at 0mi on the ODO. I have had to do this many times in the past. One question: have you taken the bike somewhere outside of your normal elevation? My GS650 acted really strange after getting back from Yellowstone park in Vegas - had to do the reset on that bike to get it normal again. Just thought about that; if you do go somewhere with an extreme elevation change, the ECU should adjust the trims for the oxygen levels. But, sometimes not so well. Not sure if this is the case, again. But thought I'd throw that out lol