View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 12:24 PM   #12

Looking Good!

I'm glad to see that you have stuck with this and made considerable progress in accessing and modifying the RX3's fuel injection mapping.

I don't have a modified NC250 engine to try this out on, though I suspect that even the stock engine could benefit from less EPA mandated leaning of the fuel mixture. GPX sells a dirt bike that uses the NC250 and it is rated at 32 HP, and that is with the stock 77mm piston. I suspect that a properly tuned big bore NC250 would be good for 35-40 HP, though you will probably give up some engine durability to get it. However, considering how low in cost these engines are, that may not be the problem that it seems.

When you get this all dialed in, you might want to post a step by step "How To" for tuning the RX3's fuel injection map for others to follow, listing the exact hardware and software needed, how to use it to edit the necessary fuel injection map parameters, and how to upload it into the ECU.

Out of curiosity, do you know if this would work on the RX4's Delphi ECU? I'm not interested in it so much for more power, as I am in adding more fuel at low speed for less chance of stalling and dropping the bike during tight, slow maneuvers in parking lots and such. If this setup works for the RX4 too, then it could be just the ticket to achieve that.