View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 04:06 PM   #1

TyGuy’s Venom X22 Tips and Review

Hey, all. So I’ve had some time with my new X22. Figured I would keep a thread sharing my thoughts, observations, mods, and ongoing review.

I’ve had numerous bikes in the past and missed it. I just wanted something nimble and fun for riding. The X22 fit the bill.

I’d been toying with picking one of these up for a while. I really got the itch recently and pulled the trigger. I do really like the graphics on the 2021 as compared to the 2020, which helped.

Bike arrived in 8 days from purchase, and that was from Cali to NJ. Was a little nervous when I saw some bent parts on the steel cage, but the bike arrived in perfect shape. The cage really helped protect it on that long trip.

I’m mechanically inclined and enjoy working on my toys, whether that means cars or bikes, so the initial setup went fine. I made sure a wrench touched every nut and bolt on the bike and applied threadlock where necessary. Also installed a set of pigtails when putting the battery in. Ran those connections into the storage compartment under the seat. Definitely makes life easier.

I anticipated difficulty starting her, but she turned over easily. Idle was fine, which was also a pleasant surprise. I was up and down the block a whole bunch of times grinning from ear to ear. I did do a minor clutch adjustment just because of my own preference. I’m pleased with how it runs.

The bike is light...I mean really light. It’s easy to maneuver which is great. Very easy to throw it around. As I’m sure you heard, it’s a lot of fun riding a slow bike fast (but not too fast because I’m still breaking her in).

Fit and finish is actually better than I expected. It’s a sharp looking bike in person. No wonky paint or anything like that. Didn’t spot any concerning welds, which I anticipated finding. I did find one vent line that rested on top of the cylinder, which I addressed by zip-tying it up toward the frame. Problem solved.

Looks more expensive than it is. I had neighbors coming by amazed that this thing got dropped off at my house. It’s fun explaining what it actually is.

As I posted in another thread, no issue at the DMV in Jersey getting it registered.

I’ve added a tank protector, an alarm, a disc lock, and neons for night time visibility so far.

I’ll keep this thread updated with my progress on mods, as I am very bad at keeping things stock.

IG: @TyGuyProductions

Last edited by TyGuy; 09-09-2021 at 07:31 AM.