View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 08:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plump Kibbles View Post
THANK YOU EVERYONE!

I was doing some research.. and yeah everything is coming back 'too much gap' to me.. DOH!

Yes to all - I did have TDC in the right spot. Luckily, I have only one mark to align the compression stroke! Made sure with the plug out too. I didn't have the bike on at all very long before shutting it down and kinda stepping back and thinking 'uh, I don't have a machine gun..' lol

I don't have the 4mm square bit to adjust with, I printed off an adjustment tool I found on Thinigiverse for the CRF230 - works well. But, doesn't allow me to hold the position and tighten the nut - can't fit a knuckle buster in there either, GAH!

Second time doing the valves; first time for a lot of maintenance actually. First valve adjustment, no idea how, I didn't remove the tank.. just the front fenders, and no issues.. geez.

Thanks again, everyone! I'll give 'er a shot tomorrow and see how it goes. I'll post up my results too.

I DO have some GoPro footage I'm going to try uploading too! My CRF230 clone Vs. my buddies Yamaha Tenere 700 (beeeeast)! Surprisingly CLOSE!

I too often print motorcycle parts, accessories and tools!

Although on the valve adjustments, I bought the Motion Pro tool to adjust the valves, hold them and tighten the locknut. I've used it on no less than 4 machines. It's worth it's weight in stamped steel.