Thread: 2021 csc rx4
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 11:24 AM   #30

Having bought a TT250, RX3 and RX4 from CSC I'll venture to speculate a bit. The first two bikes were significantly smaller than the RX4. They were shipped in CSC built crates and had a cardboard outer cover and could be moved around with a forklift or pallet jack. In fact, delivery to my house was with a lift gate and pallet jack. The RX4 was delivered by Haulbikes in a custom built motorcycle hauler trailer. When the 4 rolled off the trailer it was ready to go. I could have ridden it home.

All this means Haulbikes is a motorcycle specific shipping service. They will have lots of bikes from either private sellers, dealers, or a distributor like CSC. Also, Haulbikes has fewer trucks making multiple stops along the way. That translates into slower delivery, particularly to the East Coast. Being a niche shipper I think Haulbikes has less chance of damage in transit. You also avoid uncrating and then figuring out what to do with the debris. It just makes delivery take longer. Think of this as waiting for Santa...it's worth the wait, painful as that may be.