View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 12:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie View Post
Good honest review 2lz! I agree with most things you said, can’t really speak to the maintenance part as I haven’t had to do much of anything to remove the Tupperware. I’m not sure what’s happening on the rear brake issue, mine seems just fine. The bike is a bit of a pig and not great on off road stuff but I have another bike for that, well almost
I pulled the brake apart yesterday afternoon, even though I'm still waiting on the caliper kit (all the rubber stuff). I took my die grinder and heavy scuffer to the disk, resurfaced the new pads, buffed the sliders and bolts on my bench grinder, then reassembled everything with brake grease, where needed. More miles today to see if it helps.

Thanks for letting me know that your rear seems normal, herbie! There is hope....

A couple days ago, I was hooking it up a steep twisty we have by my house called "Ram's Horn Grade". I was getting a good rhythm going and picking up the pace. Came out of a sweeper left pretty hot, was tossing it over to the right while downshifting and on both binders setting up for the super-tight right.....and the rear walked right out on me, locked up. It went from numb to skidding, just like that.
After I got my butt un-puckered, that's when I decided to tear it apart again.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350