Thread: 2021 csc rx4
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 07:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
As 'sexy' as the new CSC bikes are, I would think the RX4 is a better all around bike than either of the two new ones.
I agree about the RX4 being better all around, however I think that the thing with the 400 twins is that they are designed to appeal to someone not wanting a tall, heavy do all ADV; instead, they're for someone who just wants something unique to ride around town on, or attend a bike night on, while not riding the same thing as everyone else. Which I think these both fit the bill on nicely, especially the SG400, since currently there is no small displacement parallel twin cafe racer style bike available from anyone, apart from CSC and Zongshen. The Haylon has competition in the Kawasaki Z400, but it undercuts it on price while still being better equipped, having dual front disc brakes to the Z400's single rotor. Either way, it's hard to go wrong with one or the other of these CSC 400 cc bikes if you know that you do not want an ADV, and/or you need more than the 26" seat height and 16 HP of the SG250.

I'd like the cost to be less, but after six years I think that CSC and Zongshen have established the fact that their bikes are on par, or better, with what the Europeans and Japanese are releasing at slightly higher price points, and are worth what is being asked for them.