View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 09:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidInMaine View Post
While I’m absolutely ok with getting a TT250 or Hawk for the reasons mentioned earlier, I’m wondering if the RX3 is a decent answer, as well. Can an RX3 be made to run trails well? Or is it also too heavy and unwieldy for a newbie?
Most of what I said applies to the RX3 also; in a stripped down configuration, without luggage, it will come in around 385 lbs. I have both an RX3 and RX4 and can tell you that there is a noticeable difference in the ease of handling between the two, with the RX3 coming out on top due to less weight. I still would not want to learn off road riding on one, however. Compared to my TT250 it's still a pig. If you do decide on a RX3 and get a used one, note that there is a difference in the size of the stock front wheel between different model years; 2015 - 2017 RX3's come with an 18" front wheel, while 2018 and newer have 19" front wheels as stock. Both have 17" rear wheels. The bikes with 18" wheels can be upgraded via CSC with a 19" wheel, which goes for $200. A larger front wheel will give better handling on rough terrain due to the larger radius being able to roll over objects easier. Here again the TT250 trumps the ADV's, since it comes with 21" front wheel, the Hawk as well; the Brozz dual sports have 19" front wheels.