View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 06:56 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
My USD forks behaved much better when i changed the oil to 15W.. But leak within a year? Say it aint so please
Just changing to a good fork oil and the right capacity will make a huge difference in any china fork.

Go outside, feel your stanchions. If they are wet they are already leaking. The problem is that with USD forks it can all leak out before you notice much.

Study the rebuild.procedure for your forks, if there is one. When they do start leaking, and yes they will, put japanese bushings and seals in them.

High quality usd forks have inherent benefits such as.lighter weight, sprung and unsprung, more rigidity which means more consistency as well. Also they have less leveraged contact so there is less friction and therefore also less "sticktion". *sp?*

However as I mentioned before, a lot of chinese usd forks are not built well. They are generall very heavy and not valved for any specific application.

I know nothing about the Brozz forks specifically. For all I know they are good forks.