View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 02:06 AM   #1

Head Scratching Toughest frame/suspension/seat for fat dues

Hello! I'm a longtime listener, first time caller. You have a great forum here!

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a new china 250 enduro. I have been looking at the $1500-$2000 bikes on several sites and they all look the same. As the title implies, my primary concern is getting a bike that is big and tough. I'm 6'1" 260, and looking for a bike that that likes being ridden hard by a fat dude. A tall seat (35-36") and 21"/18" wheels are also a must.

I have some experience with chinese bikes from owning a couple large "touring" scooters a decade or so ago. Unfortunately the suspension was one of the (many) weak points on these. I'm a pretty good wrench and feel like I know what I'm getting into with the repairs/tuning/mods/fab etc... but looking for the sturdiest base to start from.

My short list at the moment is Hawk, Rocketa DB08, and BMS 250 CRP. I have found quite a bit of info on the Hawk, but less on the BMS, and almost nothing on the Rocketa. From what I piece together, the BMS has the best fit and finish, but that is not necessarily what I'm going for. Likewise, I understand CSC makes a great bike, but a premium turn-key experience is not my primary consideration. I need tough.

The Hawk is appealing as it has the highest advertised seat height I've seen. The EFI would also be a nice touch as I live at about 6,000' elevation and tuning a carb for everywhere I may ride becomes a full-time job. If the consensus is "They're all the same", I will probably buy the Hawk. If anyone has experience with some others to make a recommendation for better frame and suspension, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!