View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 10:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrills View Post
My experience so far..... Visited a notary, filled out paperwork, Vin verification, paid fees/taxes, submitted my MCO and bill of sale. Pa declined(rejected) the registration/title process. Stated the motorcycle was not 'complete' when I received it, so it has to go through an enhanced inspection process.

Mechanic/Inspection Updates:

Quotes $200-150. < 1 hr to compete. Will update later if it passes.
My guess is PennDOT is wising up and realized some of these bikes come disassembled. They are requiring enhanced inspection to ensure they are assembled correctly, since a PA licensed dealer (and by virtue, inspector) is not handling them for final sale. Some inspector in Philly or The Burgh probably slapped a sticker on some poorly assembled Amazon special, the forks fell off, and a law suit ensued. Now PennDOT is involved and ruining it for everyone as usual.

Dealers like CSC may have to finally start selling their bikes as CSC motorcycles rather than Zongshen motorcycles with CSC stickers in order to get around this. More work on their part, which means more expense, which means higher prices. YAY!

As a licensed inspector I can tell you your experience should be simple, just more expensive. Part of the enhanced process is part source verification. Since your bike all came new in the same box, this will be MUCH easier than inspecting say, a kit car or a home built vehicle.