View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 06:42 PM   #3

I posted in another thread but will mention here as well.. when i was looking, i also considered the Lifan EFI and Hawk DLX EFI models.. the EFI option was very tempting and my last few street bikes were all EFI Japanese makes and they ran flawlessly.. with that being said, one of them, a Honda Fury, i chose to modify with a spike intake (air pod) and aftermarket exhaust but there were ECU options available in the form of a piggy-back fuel control and later as an ECU tune. Without the fuel control options the performance add-ons would add no performance and probably it would run worse as the stock ECU tune would not be able to adjust for the new air flow or fuel requirements.
With that being said, if you have no plans to increase the performance of the EFI bike and live with stock power, then you are golden, but if you do want to increase performance via air intake, exhaust, port/polish, timing key, cam etc, then the carb mode bikes are the better option, at least until someone comes out with a tune that they sell for these bikes. Hope that helps

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X