View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 03:16 AM   #9

The hard cold startup was corrected via a re-jet I did recently on the pilot (bumped it up a few; running 120 MJ & 38 PJ now, with the needle clip in the #2 pos. ~ before I was running 120 MJ & 30 PJ). Now it is surprisingly easy to start (for a carb). As for the oil (in response to XLsior), I was running Valvoline 20w50 through the break-in, & only recently switched to Lucas Synth 20w50. I run Lucas in all of my cars, & have come to love the stuff. It has some amazing ratings (inc. JASO, of course) for bikes. You should check it out. I get where you're coming from regarding using the same wt / brand to save on cost, but my costs aren't too bad. Thx for the suggestion / input tho.

If any admins see this post, I've received enough info to be satisfied. So, this topic can be locked if you want to (I don't know if your forum has necroposting restrictions or not). Either way, I'm good. Thx to all who responded & added their input. I enjoyed reading each response.

(Edit) I'm around the same alt. & temps as you, "tknj99". Atlanta here... so close to the same alt., & slightly warmer temps.. I assume you can run a higher MJ & PJ because you have a modified exhaust. I'll prolly have to do that as well when I get to that point.