View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #3

Re: 150cc scooter won't go over 40 mph...Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbscinta1
Greetings,

I just got my 150cc Milano DX scooter on the road. I purchased it from www.gsmotorworks.com. The problem is, I can't get it to go over 40 MPH. In only weigh 150 lbs, and there are no speed restrictors on this bike. I'm concerned that I got a raw deal, but I'm also usedto riding a 2-stroke scooter and this is a 4-stroke.

Any idea why I can't get it over 40 mph? Any suggesstions on what I can do to fix this problem without having to modify the bike? I was under the impression that 150cc scooters were fast out of the gate, and would have no problem reaching speeds of 60 mph.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I had a new 150 cc scooter that did exactly the same ... I cleaned the carb, but it remained the same. It had me groping for a solution. I was going down to American Lifan in Dallas, Tx to pick up a load of LF200's so I loaded it onboard.

The Chinese fellow "Jimmy", who was sent over from China undersood my sign language and pointing at the speedometer. He pulled the carb, threw it into a big box, put on a new carb and the scooter ran over 65 mph.

They said they do not have any restrictors on any scooters, and that the coating inside the tanks usualy dissolves with a full tank of gas. However, it is possible for it to clog the high speed jet or passages. Occasionally a carb is defective and needs to be replaced. "Jimmy" didn't hesitate, he just pointed at the carb and made a motion like he was throwing it away...which he did! He has years of experience working in their factory in China.