View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 12:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Of course it is biased, it is written by one guy with his own standards. I don't entirely agree with his list, but I also do understand his approach to each bike.

He is looking at it two ways. Either individual bikes that were just disappointments in delivery (CTX1300 and B-King) or, for their segment, just not the best (GT650R and R1). He is also speaking from a purely on-road perspective, which he even states is his reasoning behind the R1. It's THE track bike, but most people don't take them to the track. As a road bike, it sucks when compared to the rest of its class.

The GT650R isn't a bad bike, but when it was sold here in the U.S. it only cost maybe another $1000 at most to buy a new SV650, and realistically, the SV650 is a better bike. That doesn't mean the GT650 is bad really, just not as good and for not much less, which I think was his point. It wasn't bad, but nothing stood out about it either.

If the GT650R was just 1000 or less than the SV650, then it was overpriced. In other markets there was a big gap between the GT650R and the SV650.
About the R1 is among the best supersport motorcycles, among the Top 5 no doubts.
So i can get that he may dislike the GT650R since it was overpriced, but the R1 is there just for trolling purpose

To be honest when i saw the the title i was expecting real turds from the "modern era" with real design flaws. Every major manufacturers had a turd from 1988-current ("Modern Era" for the author).