Thread: Tractor Mania!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 12:12 AM   #26

Bumping this back up to the top to make it easier to find later on. Now that i have more free time on my hands with the change in job situation i figure i may actually get a chance to get these things running this spring. I may inquire about that JD 66 i mentioned earlier in the thread as well as what looks to be an older Craftsman lawn tractor that is at the same location. Ultimately if i do get those two the Craftsman will more then likely be the main mower used in our lot while the RERs will get occasional use and mostly tinkered on. As for the current pair here is a list of what both need from what i recall:

Allis Chalmers:

Carb cleaning

Belts
Kill switch
Seat
steering wheel or revised handlebar set up.

John Deere:

carb cleaning

Seat
Key switch
plastic surround panel that goes around the switch and controls
battery wiring
battery
belts
May fit a low power LED light to it for night use. Since it has a charging system for the battery of course i cannot see why i cant run something like a 15W light bar like you get at princess auto and the like.

As the 5 HP that is in the Allis does burn oil and should probably see an overhaul in the near future i will look more into the idea of getting ahold of the spare 5 Hp or 8 hp engine that i mentioned in the thread earlier. I may also still look into the idea of replacing the mower deck on it with a plow as mentioned before. If i do so i will look more into the idea of getting a snowblower engine with electric start from Princess auto to repower it.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)