View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 05:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Sadly, comparing 2 and 4 strokes often means you can't compare displacement directly. For obvious reasons, the performance of a 4 stroke to match a 2 stroke, generally needs about double the displacement. Even that isn't a good analog, but generally true.

The "Power for having fun" in the 4 stroke world is a 450cc bike, hands down. This gets you the similar power figures to a 250 4 stroke.

That still doesn't alter how the power is delivered, which will always be different.

Where 4 strokes tend to shine, especially in the last 10-15 years, is longevity/maintenance intervals. That and when comparing carbureted versions, being a lot less sensitive to jetting and climate changes.
I get it - 4-strokes are also great tractability. The thing I wonder is yea, 2-strokes require more work - but i wonder if it's more to do w/vibrations and revving.

4T (why the T in 2T 4T?) mostly aren't revvers and 2T known for vibrations. The GPX TE250 is low-mid range & counter balanced. Changing rings every season sounds more like labor of love and let's face it - every bike ridden hard needs a yearly good once-over ..