Thread: FHTSA Label
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 12:56 PM   #29

Anyone doing this in Georgia, and Jos, you will have to bug your DMV people when the title fails to show up in the mail after a couple weeks. You can check the status online with the GA DMV(whatever the name) with the VIN and your GA DL info(I think). It likely will show up 'in process', but you will have to call to get the county DMV to poke at the Atlanta people. Seems they don't print until someone gripes, then it does show up within ~10 days.
I went through this twice re-titling out of state vehicles. New may work differently.
Your fees should have included the 'property tax' full amount so you will only have the 'tag fee' annually, about $25-29.
If you go to the GA licensing site, and poke around looking for 'title application' or 'title transfer' ... you will find the 'required documentation' and it is pretty simple. BUT. They do not follow those guidelines, and ask for two more things: 1)LEO inspection and certification - local sheriff comes and inspects at your home and 2) a declaration stating cylinders, hp/displacement, etc, confirming it is a machine worthy of issuing a title. You can download the 'statement' and the 'inspection' PDF files and fill out as much as you can prior to the inspection and trip to the DMV.
tom