View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 12:50 PM   #13

The trail bike being carb is a valid concern some folks have brought up. Judging from the picture of your Suzuki (which looks like an amazing build!) and the back/forth we've had about EFI... you don't strike me as someone who'd just buy this and hope for the best on the trail.

I only locally trail ride (mostly old rail, power line trails.. etc), and I felt it important to install a digital volt meter on my bike and replace the battery with a quality AGM battery. I mean with a high pressure fuel system, if the charging system takes a crap or your battery is damaged/dies... good luck to you. With the voltmeter, at least I can at least start heading back out of the bush if I see the charging system go south.

If I was going to get SERIOUS about trail riding this in the deep bush, I'd likely also swap the fuel pump out for something not from Alibaba. The pump is pretty standard early form factor on a lot of bikes, so putting like a genuine Honda or Suzuki part would make me feel a whole lot better. There have already been a couple people with failed pumps on the Facebook group.

I figure if I can at least bring some of the components up in quality, these are the same issues you'd have on any other EFI dualsport from Japan.

My Hawk DLX info page: https://www.ecimulti.org/hawk250