View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 12:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post

The hard parts all been done for EFI on the bike (fuel system specifically), so I feel like I don't have much to lose.

If you are curious, I am specifically consdiering putting on a "NO2C" variant of Speeduno:

https://wtmtronics.com/product/no2c-v0-2-x/

Its just a small shield that has 2 injector and 2 ignition output, .. super simple. I have used TunerStudio on a number of project with MegaSquirt, so for me.. the learning curve is nil.

In short: I am concerned about throwing money at a (literal in this case) black box.
After spending the day investigating this, the "black box" maybe only 1/2 the problem. I'm convinced, if you can do a direct wire up the pin for the pin at the connector then that is much simpler and looks like only blue sky.

The good news is that with an Arduino and source code you can fix the problem you were mentioning earlier like cold start surge or whatever.

I have an Arduino extension for Visual Studio so I just do all my code development there. Don't need an embedded compiler like Rowley Crossworks (which I already have for $1500).

And then I guess just use the Tuner for table development.

Prior bikes Suzuki 81 GS750EX, 83 GS1100ED. Long time member at GSResources.com