Thread: 2021 Hawk DLX
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 03:06 PM   #4

Understandable to wait at this point This might turn into a bit of a ramble.

Especially now with being on the cusp of doing some cheap (read: free) tuning on the bike, I have no regrets going fuel injected. I have documented pretty much all of the EFI system, and its just all off the shelf stuff you can easily source. The only sensor I still need to identify is the cylinder head temp sensor. I have owned a number of Chinabikes now, and I am a hobbyist on playing around with fuel injection and so the DLX caught my eye. I understand carb tuning and all that, but prefer EFI.

This bike runs GREAT in every weather condition I've ridden it, from Summer humid heat to cooler winter temps.

I am still considering converting the bike over to using a Speeduino though vs. the Delphi MT05.2 for more control, and it should be somewhat trivial to do.

I did swap to the Brozz style swing arm, and have never been a fan of the style of tensioners the Hawk ships with (on any bike). I do wish the 2020 had shipped with stainless brake lines, maybe if you're lucky they'll change that up for 2021. I just bought some and put them on myself.

My Hawk DLX info page: https://www.ecimulti.org/hawk250