Thread: 2020 Magician
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 09:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Just got my Magician today. Ordered it the 6th. Got a phone call on the 8th telling me it was shipped. Got a call from trucking company the 14th telling me it would be here between noon and 6 the 15th.
Driver called me an hour before he arrived.
The pallet itself had seen better days but the box and crate were fine.
What really surprised me is that there are no scratches on the bike other than some very faint marks on the actual frame. Look like it was done during assembly. Have to be a foot away to even see em. And I don't even care. The rest of it is unblemished.
Got it together, by myself, in about an hour.
Unfortunately, my helmet got delayed so didn't ride it yet.

Got it from txpowersports. 1368.99 shipped. That is just nuts to me. I literally spend more on Starbucks in a year than this whole bike cost.

I got red and blue loctite. Figure I'll red the stuff I won't pull off much and blue the stuff that comes off a lot.

Only complaint so far is the seat, but I knew that coming into it. That thing is hard and kind of sharp on the ol thighs. I also have the opposite problem as a lot of people. It's a little too tall for me. I tip toe on it. I must have the shortest legs ever. I'm 5 8 so I'm not THAT short. But my legs sure are.

Anyway, can't wait to ride it and start mods. Thinking about moving the foot pegs and controls a little more forward but I'll decide after riding it as is a bit.
(I'm a welder/fabricator)

Ok, enough rambling, here's some pics.
I can tell you're a welder by the 4 Dewalt grinders in back all with different discs on them!

Very beautiful bike! I love the Magician in blue and green. Nice to see something other than basic black.

Make sure to spray brake clean and wipe down the brake rotors before you brake on it; otherwise that oil will cook into the pads and glaze them up, braking won't be for crap.

And in case you hadn't read it or known already, drain the "oil" and put good SF/SG grade non-energy conserving oil into it before you even start the engine.

Other than the loctite you mentioned, and adjusting literally everything, including the valves (they are often set to 0 lash, and need to be 0.05mm/0.002-0.003"), you should be good to go!