Thread: FHTSA Label
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 02:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by goJimH View Post
Emerikol,

I just read thru your long drawn out drama to get your brand new bike tagged and titled in GA. Words fail to describe other than say its unbelievable!

Glad you persisted and made it thru. Now I understand and appreciate josémoto's instance regarding must have a FHSTA label.

What I find most odd about the ordeal - is that much like purchasing a fake id - you were simply able to order your own tailor made FHSTA sticker online - and that satisfied the DMV requirements. Did they take it on face value or did they match it to the stamped VIN? It looks the sticker was placed over where my bikes VIN is.

On a side note - there seems to be an industry cropping up - to satisfy the need for FHSTA stickers. How did JerryHawk250 even know about the stickers anyway? Crazy.

They say that fact is stranger than fiction.
So when I reached out to the guy that makes the labels (the labels are actually perfectly legal. They're designed to go on custom build bikes. Think OCC and such), he just asked me what info I wanted on them. I gave him the VIN from my Hawk, and the tire sizes and such. He printed it up on a laser printer on special self-laminating sheets. The sheriff inspected the bike to make sure that the VIN matched, signed the paperwork, and I was off to the races (as long as they were slow races, it is only a 250, after all...)

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up