Thread: FHTSA Label
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 10:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
It certainly was frustrating, but more from the lack of support from TXPowerSports. Everything else was pretty much just the usual bumbling government bureaucracy. I would say try to get a label made up, get your ruler and razor blade handy, and go get it inspected by the local sheriff. Once I had all that sorted out, the registration process was a breeze, relatively speaking. I think that you're far more likely to draw attention to yourself with an out of state tag than you would jumping through all the Georgia hoops and getting a Georgia tag.
Emerikol,

I just read thru your long drawn out drama to get your brand new bike tagged and titled in GA. Words fail to describe other than say its unbelievable!

Glad you persisted and made it thru. Now I understand and appreciate josémoto's instance regarding must have a FHSTA label.

What I find most odd about the ordeal - is that much like purchasing a fake id - you were simply able to order your own tailor made FHSTA sticker online - and that satisfied the DMV requirements. Did they take it on face value or did they match it to the stamped VIN? It looks the sticker was placed over where my bikes VIN is.

On a side note - there seems to be an industry cropping up - to satisfy the need for FHSTA stickers. How did JerryHawk250 even know about the stickers anyway? Crazy.

They say that fact is stranger than fiction.