View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 01:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopotomus View Post
Did you have to have the bike inspected before going to the DMV for tags? The reason that I am asking is that I'm in Virginia and will be tagging there, but am thinking of taking delivery of the bike in NC to assemble and ride there for a week before bringing back to Virginia.

Thanks!

I didn't have to have it inspected yet before going any further. I can, just to tick that box of things that meets road requirements. But, I'll have to load it up and tote it down to the shop.. I'll just wait. So, when I got my actual title: now I have to send that to Richmond with the VSA-130, stating that the bike has turn signals, headlamp, brake light, mirrors, horn, etc. - to be passed for state inspection. I'm thinking about waiting to get my title back and just go get the plates. But, just to be safe, I am going to get it inspected while I wait. That way, if my stupid DMV tries to pull any sh!t about it, again - I'll already have the slip passed for road use.. bit of a mouthful, but I was totally in the dark with this - and almost tried to see about returning after having to deal with the DMV saying my stuff was fake. The dumbest part, was when the person that told me that they wouldn't take it for being fraudulent - said that she's seen a lot of scooters from that brand being registered though "this DMV"... I just couldn't believe the utter lack of support or information to get it done. The other DMV an hour away knew the bike, what I needed to do, and was very helpful in the process. Absolutely no issues getting the VIN ran or anything.. but, out of all of it, sending the data to Richmond and waiting to receive your papers back (hopefully) all in one piece; that's the longest of it all. I'm not sure of your time constraints or when you're wanting to do that.. but it was already a months wait to get IN to the DMV. Both times, sadly. Good luck brother! I had somewhat of a fight.. But I'm sure you'll be good man. Someone mentioned the Vermont plating method. Apparently you send the bill of sale and MCO, then send back a title and plates? Don't quote me on that order lol and I'm probably missing a lot - but it can be done that way as well.