View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 12:13 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
I just got the email from Dalton at Q9 about my hellcat, and a text... Tao is jerking them around and they just can't keep doing this, so they've cancelled and refunded all outstanding orders.

Inventory may be back in the Spring of 2021, but since Taotao jacked prices up now 2 times to the distributers/dealers, who knows how much it will cost.

At this point, I'm thinking my backup plan needs to kick in gear, and just pony up $300 extra for a Boom Vader gen 2.

Lord knows, come spring the Taotao will likely be the same price anyhow.
I got a call from them yesterday evening. They said they had sent me an email the day before, which I did not see.. Still can't find it in my email box.

They told me they're cancelling my order because because Tao has increased pricing 4x since I ordered and they haven't received any stock. Said they weren't sure when it would come in. This last part, they should have started with when I ordered in May.

I told them it was BS because the whole purpose of pre-ordering was because, as they stated, "Pricing was locked in". His reply was Well, they've increased prices 4 times since you ordered and blah, blah, blah...

Seems to me, they never knew when they would get stock and just played us all. And this was a way of bring in income for them, while selling nothing.

It's along the same lines as their last answer when they told someone here that they were clearing out their May pre-orders and were starting with June.

IMHO, this was and is a crooked company... I'm tempted to take them to small claims court over this.. I don't know if I can file here or if it has to be where they're located, but this is BS.. They've had my $$$ for over 6 months stringing me along and now their cancelling it because they say they're going to lose money.. when the whole point of them taking pre-orders was us to get them was to lock in the price, and for them to possibly take a loss. This was their offer, not something we asked for.