View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 09:24 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Well yesterday started off real bad for me. I woke up and the whole right side of my face had this huge rash and my right eye was swollen up along with a big fat lip. Looked like i lost a heavy weight boxing match. I headed to the doctor first thing. Was diagnosed with shingles. Let me tell you, it's very painful. If you are old do your self a favor and get the vaccine. I wish I would of.

Now the good news. My bike arrived around 5pm yesterday and R&L wheeled it out right under my carport completely damage free. I had to wait till the sun went down so i could uncrate it as the sun made it very painful on my face and eye. It took less than an half hour to uncrate it, slap the handle bars on, install the mirrors, Install the sealed lead acid battery. (Nice upgrade Venom) checked the oil and put gas in her. She cranked right up. I ran it through a few heat cycles with the stock oil. Like my X22R it actually felt and looked like oil with no fishy smell. lol I'll change that out Saturday. I took her for a few rides up and down the street and let if cool down in between.

First impression is Venom did a great job working with the manufacture on this build. Most of the things i suggested and other probably did were done. Things like LED headlight and bulbs all around. Headlight is nice and bright as you will see in the video. It has a USB port on the Speedometer, came with a sealed lead acid battery. Mirrors are good and solid with no vibration what so ever. It takes a little effort to adjust them so don't thing they will ever need adjusting again.

BTW Took me about 15 minutes to get her tagged and registered this morning. Ready to ride.

Here's a quick video i put together thanks to my daughter for the good camera work. I'll post up more over the weekend. Right now i need to stay out the heat and direct sunlight.
Glad the shingles didn't get your enthusiasm down and taking the new bike on a spin!