View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 09:01 PM   #37

Losing my GY6 CVT virginity

Well today I put the $210 NCY Performance CVT kit on the Trike and learned a few things. The chattering was caused by flat spots on the roller weights that barely had 300 miles on them (china junk that should have lasted 3k miles).

This was a very tedious task, ever done a steering head bearing replacement? Now imagine over 100 and some ball bearings that are less than 1mm in diameter and trying to load them in the clutch spring carrier one by one and the only thing holding them in place is a thin layer of grease.

Well I got the performance kit all together and it worked flawlessly, except now it takes half throttle to get it moving. This is because the kit I ordered was for a scooter and not a Trike so it has 10 gram roller weights, and the Trike came with 14 gram weights. So now it's a tractor when it comes to climbing hills but I hate giving it that much throttle to take off.

Next dilemma, everyone says wedges are better than roller weights, but is a 14 gram wedge the same as a 14 gram roller weight? I love learning new things but this has been a trial by fire experience.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400