View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 12:11 PM   #38

Doesn’t fire at all, coughs and sometimes spits fluid out the air filter side of carb.
Has spark but won’t ignite the vapor air mix to explode to
Idle.
Have gaskets ready for top end.
Q: what is a piston stop?
Yeah every time I brought gas directly into the spark hole and the intake, it would cough but never catch.. not
Booms.. no idling at all. I have a engine I could swap heads and all those parts on, and I have enough mula rn to
Buy a 190cc 5 speed n bolt it up. Just really tempted to take this engine into a garage and just take the top end off and examine the motor.
It has the carb gasket on, and the mechanic who came over a few times always would try starting the bike both full choke and doing all kinds of things, all
Good things like WOT starting, using the palm to choke the air intake, and using starting fluid. Never made any different sound with choke on or off, WOT, AND SPRAYING FLUID Didn’t make it fire up either. I’m starting to think I burn a valve or a ring ? Once I get home I’ll pull the flywheel cover off and again take a good readuling from it, I do know the flywheel is right and isn’t loose at all, is balanced and is the same flywheel with this bike it came with.

Main conclusion is the previous owner went HARD on this engine with out the ODOMETER running and basically trashed the motor, clicked it back up to the ODO, and ran it for 200 miles before selling it “as is” ... probably bought a motor that was predestined to die early ?