View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 12:50 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by f15sim View Post
Translation:
"We have no idea what's going on, but we hope to have something eventually. We appreciate you allowing us to continue to earn interest on your money while we give you vague timelines."

(and yes, I'm THAT cynical.)

g.
Well, you're not wrong.

Personally, if it secures my spot to get a Hellcat this year or early next, I'm OK with them "holding onto my money" for me... if they earn interest on it while it's in their bank account, in escrow essentially, whatever. Matters not to me so long as I receive my motorcycle.

Honestly, we're all being a bit impatient considering the circumstances. We can be pissed and upset over the lack of clear or correct communication for sure; but in terms of the time it is taking, clearly no one here has ever commissioned a handmade, custom knife, firearm, or anything one-off when the maker is in high demand.

It is nothing in the custom knife world to wait 6 months to 5 years for a commissioned piece, and admittedly, many bladesmiths aren't much better with their timelines than Q9 or other motorsports dealers are being.

One knife maker had a 6 year waiting list... then he up and died. That's going to be a long long wait....