View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 05:34 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel88 View Post
Hello I recently purchased a boom a few months ago and did a cafe racer rebuild on my bike. After replacing the muffler and air filter I knew I would need to re-jet the carburetor.

The PZ20 that came originally on the bike wasn’t able to tune properly.

So after finding this thread I saw someone bought a new carb but doesn’t say what specific carb they bought or if they had to re-jet it as well.

I found myself buying a Mikuni Vm22 copy from amazon with 48mm bolt spacing. I knew I was going to need to re-jet this carb as well and thought I would have better luck finding jet kits for.

After opening and researching the jets that it came with, I found it has a Mikuni 95 main jet and a Keihin 38 pilot jet. I bolted it on just to see what would happen. It starts fine while on choke but when you take choke off it’s RPMs skyrocket and stay extremely high. I tried adjusting the air screw but nothing changes.

It able to ride smoothly and goes through all gears as if normal but choke is on.

I was hoping someone here would be able to give advice for my issues. Thank you

here is the link to the carb i bought, i have also attached pictures to show.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
First thing is check to make sure the throttle slide is resting all the way down at the bottom. Could be a simple as adjusting the cable, or having to cut the cable casing to get more slack. Then a obvious one would be the idle speed screw, back it all the way out so it let's the slide sit all the way down. Set the idle air/fuel screw(the one on the bottom of the carb pointing strait down) to 1 1/2 turns out from screwed all the way in. Don't crank it down when you screw it in, just till it stops. Then back it out and count rotations. Then if all else fails check and make sure you don't have a vacuum leak where the intake flanges are(cylinder head side or carburetor side).