View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 09:37 AM   #13

My guess would be valve lash as well - what it sounds like is your valves are too tight

and once the bike runs an hour and gets hot they expand even more and so it quits ,these bikes run really lean from the Factory so tight valves can easily exacerbate that into a "wont run " situation.

My other suggestion would be possible fuel tank contamination from the factory , i found a significant amount of metal shavings in my buds tank, he could ride around until the trash finally settled on and blocked the fuel petcock outlet , it would quit then eventually the fuel would drip past and catch up flow and it would start again.

We pulled the tank , flushed it out and blew it out with compressed air , problem solved. Other than that the CDI boxes on these are weak, that would be my 3rd guess.

1.Set valves.
2.Fuel tank cleaning, incl inspecting lines for kinks,esp the tank line where it attaches to tank near front edge of the seat .
3. Replace the CDI box, they are only 10 - 15 bucks .

One last thought, make sure your spark plug cap is firmly seated on both plug and coil ends- the rubber on the stock wire is terrible and loses elasticity and it isnt uncommon for them to not really be seated as a result and are just sort of sitting on
the plug or coil which can cause erratic ignition / fuel starvation like symptoms. I found this out "the hard way ".

Good luck and keep us posted.
2020 Orion RXB250L