View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 09:39 PM   #5

After spending twenty minutes with a. Multi meter, I’ve come to this conclusion:
Green wire is in fact ground For the kill switch itself.
Brown is key switch, click one. First click, yet it doesn’t power anything...? Why?
Red wire is always hot. Easy way to just start bike is they the red and black n white wire.
Bllack n white wire—goes to kill switch— not the cdi; it goes to the cd from the kill switch, thru the green wire, not the black n white.
And the orange, blue and the yellow and red wire— they go to the starter solenoid itself, the turn signal switch and the headlamp switch for hi beam button aka push bright..

After much time n trial and error I’ve come to find out the kill switch is bad; tho it has volt n continuity, it’s has an obvious short which I wish my previous owner just got replaced before I bought the bike.

Off to buy a new kill switch or just remove it completely from the loom. Might replace it with a push-lock type button, single click on single click off.

Anyone else have this no spark issue, if it isn’t anything else electrical, def digit with the push button starter AND the kill switch AT THE SAME time to find if it’s sparking.