View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #37

Send a message via AIM to GY_Racing
I got the plates!! I am now a full time china rider!! It feels so good after waiting all this time and going threw all the with DMV and AL. Apparently there was 2 different problems as stated in the note I posted. #1 AL is not an approved man. for CT and #2 The importer never sent in the vin to the DMV so the "vin did not conform" when they looked it up. The DMV guy thought it was not in the system because its still so new that they never got around to putting it in. I am pretty sure it's not in the computer for a reason... AL. Well now I just have to worry about parts if I need any. Apparently not only is AL making it near impossible to reg grey bikes but they also are refusing to sell parts to grey owners. When I talked to them they confirmed my bike was infact grey. They even threatened me not to try and register it.

If anyone needs the contact info for the CT DMV commissioner just PM me. The number is not published but I had a friend that knew one of his assistants.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions on here. I know there was not much you guys could do but just responding and having somewhere to post what was going on helped out. I would have probably just given up when the inspector said there was no way no how it could ever be plated if it was not for the forums.