View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 07:36 PM   #10

I have been messing with my vm26 mikuni clone and at this point am a PRO at assembling and disassembling it.... the factory or myself forgot the intake manifold gasket which gave it a level of complexity for me I would.have preferred not to.have

After changing
-- jets (idle 25 and main 115),
--adjusting needle(middle slot),
--air fuel mix (1.5 turns out),
--new exhaust/air filter ....

now it's a different bike... can pull up the front end and do rooster tails in the dirt in first and second....
The plug tells it all.... it sounds way better.... more even power throughout the throttle etc etc etc ....and a shit ton more fun too ��

There was a lot of fiddling l, taking off and putting back k on the carb and just generally understanding the different circuits of the carb and how/where they affect the throttle and its response...

I'd like to add that the most accurate info I got from reading many threads here.

As he said above but is worth repeatingthe one thing that seems to come up alot ( not here) is "oh just change the main jet" but that has little to no effect on the most of the throttle so it's in large part pointless (at least for me ) because I don't ride with the throttle wide open all the time but need the throttle to be responsive throughout....
Attached Images

all about the Tao MotorsTBR7
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=25553

Last edited by Kenstogie; 07-25-2020 at 11:31 AM.