View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 11:10 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiptieJonez View Post
Being employed by a dealer, we're being rationed. For starters, there was a back up because of the first shut down. They opened the ports but closed them back again(to my understanding). In between, the warehouses had to be stocked, so not only were we waiting for the ports to open and everything checked in and out, we were waiting on shipping to the warehouse. After that, inventory must be taken and systems updated, and that can take time as well. Then you have to hope you get in early enough to even get a unit(s). Then you have to wait for shipping again.

We *wish* we had inventory right now. It can't be looking good for some dealers. We've even considered other brands we don't usually roll with because it's gotten so hard to get anything.

There is not a conspiracy by the dealers here, and that line of thinking does absolutely no one any good.
That's what I thought. COVID-19 has messed everything up.

I'm in a unique and privilaged position, as I had ordered a Hawk and the Hellcat within a week apart (granted I saved and allocated my disposable funds for almost a year to do so), so I have my Hawk to keep me busy, plus all the fiddling my Ninja 250 needs (which is status quo with those models).

So I just sit and wait for my mini hooligan bike. The Hellcat will get here when it gets here. I understand for others that is simply not acceptable.

But times are not normal. We can either "loan" our money and wait, or we can cancel our orders and maybe sometime in 2021 or 2022 supply and inventory will be available and you can get your bike delivered within a week.

I probably could have ordered from X-Pro or some Amazon seller, but I weighed my options and chose not to pay 20% more to get it sooner. I wanted to save that $200+ and use it towards upgrades or accessories.

But to each their own.