View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 11:43 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
The whole thing just seems strange. I agree, nobody anywhere has received their bike?? Or they have and just not posted about it here or anywhere else online??

Maybe they did get converted to virus stuff production but you would think that would have been communicated to dealers to pass on to customers who have paid. We hear nothing. Instead, dealers continue to take folks money for pre-orders. Orders they seem to have no idea when or even if they can fulfill. I do not think it is legal to continue takings orders if this is the case.

I think many folks may end up getting an email saying "We're sorry but do to current events we are not going to be able to fulfill your order. Please contact us for a refund and thank you for the temporary loan."

We shall see. I do know the day after I cancel they will start shipping.
I'm going to need you to go ahead and cancel your order then please.... right away if you could.

-I'd also like to remind the group that this situation of pre-orders being taken, no communication or vague ideas of delivery, and all that... is not isolated to just one or two dealers. It's pretty much all of them. I contacted 4 other dealers around the country, in addition to the one I ordered (pre-ordered) from, and all are giving the same information, for the most part.

It really does seem like Tao motors is making other parts and items instead of pumping out bikes, but just hasn't notified the US importers and dealers/distributors. Which seems like a pretty standard shite-Chinese business practice.

Quite often in my dealings with Chinese retailers/sellers and importers... it's nothing nothing nothing, finally a vague email.. nothing nothing -tried to deliver but there was a problem and then BOOM, it shows up.

In fact, I had levers show up yesterday from China that UPS and Amazon said delivery was attempted but could not be completed... Um.. they're sitting right here.