View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 07:09 AM   #40

Picked up the aluminum sheet yesterday. That was an ordeal.
As the crow flies, aka, the interstate, 55 miles. But the interstate has construction near Rockford, where my metal is. It sucks. As the dog walks, aka, Ural roads, 75 miles. And many of those are gravel. Run north, then west, then north, then west, ad nauseum.
But, those old farmers were smart and laid out three roads that run northwest through the three counties I need to run through to get to Rockford. 46 miles. So, I hop on the Ural and scoot.
I hit the first of angled roads but after about two miles, sunuva..., Road Closed. I picked the day they’re seal coating. Crap. North, then west, then north, then west. Some how, I missed that middle angled road. In my defense, I had never been on these roads. Nice rural scenery, though. I eventually hit the last of the angled roads, get to Rockford, get my metal. Two freaking hours.
Return trip, I managed to find that middle angled road. And seal coating was finished. One hour and fifteen minutes return trip.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts