View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 08:46 PM   #217

gearset swap into 5 speed engines?

Hi all. Very interested in this engine. I have both CRF230F and AJP PR4. I would like a 6 speed in the AJP which uses the ZS 169YMM (air/oil cooled 69mm x 62.2mm- 233cc) engine with 5 speeds.

I have looked at engine swapping with a Honda CRF230F engine, which has it's advantages re available performance parts (some of which can fit the ZS 169YMM, but not all).

This Loncin engine seems like a possible swap also, but the lower front balance thing area may not fit the frame.

My big question is, has anyone investigated whether the 6 speed gear set will fit in any of the other CB type 5 speed cases? If they can be adapted to fit the ZS165FMM or ZS169FMM/YMM it would be very interesting. Especially if it will go into the 169 as this one has some hot up advantages over the 165 with larger inlet valve and potential for a much larger big bore.

Has anyone found any engineering diagrams that might give an hint without having to actually dismantle both types of engines, or better still has anyone actually split the cases on the engine to see what is in there?

I read somewhere a few years ago that someone in Europe got a Honda 6 speed gearset into an AJP 169YMM, but I seem to remember that there was something different about the gearbox model he used. I dont think it was from a CRF230F.

Unfortunately, most of the Chinabikes you guys have are not brought here.