View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #7

Well, I just got back from a nice long ride down to the beach and back. I stopped by the shop and they fixed the choke. Took them about 40 min. and the mechanic kept cursing because he was burning his hands. But he had to keep starting the bike to check his adjustments, so it couldn't cool off.

On the way back from the beach it topped out at 65 or 66 (I didn't have the GPS with me this time). It still had some throttle left but didn't feel like any more gas would make much difference. I'm real happy at the moment every thing seems just like I expected.

When I was getting the choke looked at I was talking to the owner and he advised that as far as break-in goes, "Just ride it like you stole it, if it blows up in the next 30 days I'll replace it with a new one."

While I was waiting in the shop, a couple came in with the intention of buying their last Sierra in stock for the woman to ride in the dirt. I don't know if they got it or not. The guy was excited but she seemed like she wanted something smaller and more dirt oriented.