View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 06:43 AM   #33

Pirelli City Demon

My used ZS200GY-2 came with 6-year old, hard-as-rock, ultra-heavy Shinko custom tires, which were starting to dry rot even though they had worn very little. The bike is a 2007 model with 21000 km on the odometer when I got it. I made about 800 km before I decided to replace them.

Of course I soon found out that only chopper/custom tires were available for the unmodified bike, but luckily now in 2019/2020 there's an option that probably wasn't available back when this sticky was made: Pirelli's City Demon tires.

They are of course meant for small city/commuter bikes, but the rear (to the right) is made in the Zong's 130/90-15 oddball dimension. Not a super-original pattern, but reasonably grooved and even handled itself in some mild off-roading. The rubber is also softer than pure custom/chopper tires meant for heavier bikes, so they cushion the ride somewhat.

The front is made up to 3.00-18 I think, which is what my Zong is currently wearing (no 100/90-18, unfortunately), and has a much more classic/oldschool pattern, which should be better on mixed terrain than pure custom/chopper tires.
Attached Images