View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 11:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
I got a 2020 TT250, and immediately knew I wanted to ditch the stock 50 tooth rear sprocket and try the 47 that I had leftover from my long gone 2016 TT250. It felt too wound tight up top. I run 99% street, and graded dirt roads and occasional stream crossing when I'm not on pavement. It was much better with th 47, but I wanted more. So I got a 45 from CSC mainly because I wanted their bolt and spacer kit as well. It was better, but the bike still felt would tight in 5th. So I debated 43 or 42??? I decided 42, and it got installed yesterday. Yesterday was also the first time I remember using 3rd gear for more than a pass through from 2nd to 4th. 4th was better and 5th was great. Tops out about 70 indicated (63 actual, but I only have 500 miles). But the best news is it doesn't feel wound tight at those speeds. The tach first digit actually matches the speedo first digit now, although I assume the tach is correct. I should check it too. Bike has a mild re-jet otherwise stock.
Im looking to do something similar as mine is mostly a commute to work bike in the summer. Did you have to change your chain ? and if so what did you go with. Thanks