View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 10:03 PM   #93

I got a call yesterday around 10am from my dads nursing home ,said he wasn’t good probably won’t make the end of the day ,but because he isn’t expected to make it we can now see him ,one at a time with a mask and temperature check .He has a DNR and he doesn’t want to go on anymore ,so he hasent been given anything except a little morphine since ,not even water .He looks very peaceful ,and did wake up a little to say he wasn’t in any pain .I am great with this ,my brothers are not so keen but they moved away 35 years ago and don’t visit often and they are not ready yet .He is still kicking but could be anytime I get the call .
Anyways ,he has a roommate that cannot speak ,but he can write things down .My dad is pretty much just sleeping ,so I asked his roommate if he would like me to sneak him in something when I come back .He wanted Dairy Queen ,so today I smuggled in some Dairy Queen in a gym bag .It was hilarious to watch him devour it in what seemed like seconds .Hopefully he gets it again tomorrow ! He has not seen his family since early March .