View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 07:29 PM   #108

Got a 2020 Boom Vader this past March and am still in the process of break in. I have had it up to 47 mph a few times on my way to and from work. Straight and level road for about 1 1/2 miles each way. I calibrated the speed-o and it is accurate up to the 47 mph I have had it at. checked it against a know accurate gps as well as a police radar gun (my neighbor is a police officer). Only mods at this time are the 17tooth front sprocket, replaced the stock chain with a HD DID 428 chain and added an oil cooler for the motor. At present the bike has 119 miles on it and like I said only gone up that high a few times. Am 6'2" and 255 lbs to boot. I did still have a bit over a 1/4 throttle left on the bike at that speed. I do have a new PZ22 carb for it as well as an assortment of metering jets when it comes time. Any idea on what jet to at least start with when I do decide to swap out the stock carb? The shifting is still a bit clunky (sounding ) and getting into neutral is getting easier as well (especially going to neutral from 2nd gear). I love the little beasty and use it mainly for going to and from work. (only about 5 1/2 miles). Would I buy one again? Yes as well as a 250 multi purpose bike.
Attached Images