View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 06:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
it is refreshing to hear you are planning to use yours in the way all the numerous vintage Honda print ads portrayed the bikes.
I'm essentially looking at my Icebear Champion as a two-wheeled CJ-2A. I had a CT-70 and went everywhere on that thing that I ever went in a Jeep. I was always a putz on the CT-70, content to ride within the limits of its overall tire diameter, suspension travel, and ground clearance. When you're putzing along Jeep trails and Forest Service fire roads at speeds under 20 mph, and often under 10, a whole lot of what enables a "real dirt bike" to blast across the desert at 70 mph really isn't necessary.

As slow as a riding a trail bike like a CT-70 is when one is ridden like a trail bike, it's still generally faster than covering the same ground in a CJ-2A and that's plenty fast enough for me. I go to the places where I need off-pavement capability to "decompress and slow down" rather than live "life in the fast lane."

As an adult riding the CT-70, I did take note of some shortcomings that I would have liked to have improved upon and which the Icebear Champion seems to address: More low-end torque, an extra gear in the semi-auto trans, and better brakes.

Time will tell, but I expect it will serve me very well as a trail bike that I intend to ride like one.