View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 02:37 PM   #5

RX4, Handsdown

If it were my money, I would spend the extra $1100 and get the RX4.

It's more powerful, and it has a lot more torque - 29 ft/lbs to the 302S's 19 ft/lbs. That alone would seal the deal for me. You will feel that.

The fact that the RX4 is already packing luggage (the plastic luggage is most likely more than you need, if not you can always pack more in a DrySpec bag and strap it to the pillion seat), crash bars, a 19" front wheel, and a large adjustable windscreen further makes the case.

At 300 cc, I don't see where the 302S is any better than your SSR250; it's simply not a big enough displacement bump. And its pushing 408 lbs around, which is a lot for a 300 cc engine to be moving - ask the RX3's NC250 about that.

If back road excitement is what you crave, the RX4 will give it to you, as much as you can handle as a rider. You'll be the limiting factor there, not the bike.

As for touring, that's pretty much the RX4's forte. It will take you anywhere you want to go, if you are good enough as a rider. Again, you will be the limiting factor as to how gnarly the terrain is that you get to.