View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 03:30 PM   #19

yeah, I muddled through and got the crankcase apart. (a couple of side notes below on some stumbling points during disassembly.) I thought I'd attach a couple of pics from the carnage that has reached into the case. bottom side of piston, metal chunks in case (very evident) and finer metal pieces(not as evident in the pics). I have asked the dealer to send me an engine assembly as I'm not really confident that I can get all the metal out, even if I replace most to all bearings and internal parts. we will see how they respond.

Notes on disassembly:
-starter cover o-ring was tight! need a screwdriver and some force to pull that back
-flywheel puller is needed. crank bolt needs to be removed, but three allen head bolts do not. they seem to be made of brass, so their removal in one piece is damn near impossible anyways.
-still can't figure out how to pull of aluminum cap from back side of crank. this will be needed to remove the clutch, and it seems to require some sort of 4-pronged spanner-type special tool. anybody's experience with this is welcome for sharing.
-the rest is relatively easy to get stripped down. lots of 8mm and 10mm bolts, so a screw gun is much appreciated.
Attached Images