View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 06:12 PM   #5

If the temperature is not dropping with the thermostatic switch jumped out, then you either are:

1. Low on coolant, which would indicate a leak somewhere, possibly internal to the engine, or

2. The water pump has failed and is not circulating coolant.

Thermostats tend to fail open, so I don't think it's the thermostat, but it can't be discounted entirely. The fact that one radiator is getting warm, while the other isn't sounds like low coolant and trapped air in the cooling system. The RX3 can run just fine on one radiator in temps up to 80 deg F, since that is how I usually run mine, so yours should not be overheating. Pull your side fairing, remove your radiator cap and verify your coolant level. If it's good, start the bike with the radiator cap still off and watch for coolant flow in the radiator. If the coolant is low, top it off, then check for coolant flow to verify that the water pump is working. If the coolant was low and no obvious leaks are observed, check your oil for coolant contamination. It will be milky looking if there is any significant amount of coolant in it. This would indicate a possible blown head gasket or, more likely, failed seal on the water pump.