View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 01:08 PM   #9

Okay coming back after a little while.

The problem was resolved only for a day and came back the next morning on cold start since then I have been working off and on and following is the summary of it.

After checking other things, I concentrated more on fuel side and as mentioned earlier with ignition ON the fuel pump stays ON longer than usual (about 5 sec). I disconnected the wire on the fuel pump below the tank and then tried to start. The bike started and as there was no supply of the fuel it died. Then on next try I connected the fuel pump but this time bike did not start.

After several tries I connected ON/OFF switch on the fuel pump connector and now when i have to start the bike I just turn the fuel pump OFF and the bike starts. Then I turn ON the fuel pump and it keeps on running.

So the problem is that at the start or ignition ON stage the engine is getting flooded with fuel somehow because of the pump and when the pump is OFF the little fuel present in the engine is enough for starting the bike. This happens every time now, no matter if engine is hot or cold.