View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 10:22 PM   #2

Lifan is a huge company that makes their own products. They might use subcontractors, but they are a top notch company (as far as Chinese motorcycle manufacturers go). Arguably the best in China depending on who is making the statement. The KPMini has proven itself as pretty much the top of the GLV (Grom Like Vehicles)food chain no matter the mfgr. In fact, members here who have them, or on the videos I have seen, the remarks about quality are pretty much the same. I don't recall anyone stating something like, "The bike is really fun, but the switches are chintzy and brittle and break from using them too much." Or, "The bike has obvious subpar quality issues such as the swingarm..." I am fairly certain the engine is proprietary to Lifan as most of the vertical thumpers from China are generally Honda-like but not necessarily exact clones of any Honda engine. I am fairly certain the engine in the Kymco and the Lifan are different. You will enjoy the bike, I am fairly certain. Hopefully others will chime in with details I may have missed.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard